To the young girl whom has been abused or that person whom has be victimized or that man that has lost everything.
Sometimes we can’t know how much people hurt until they commit suicide. They might have taken to suicide because it hurts and they think or feel God has abandoned them.
It has been scientifically estimated that the human body can only bear 45(del) of pain. Though it is true that the human body cannot bear up to 57(del) of pain, yet this is the amount of pain borne during child birth. You may be wondering how a woman during child birth survives 57(del) of pain (this must be the wonders of the creator). The scientific measurement of pain is only used when the pain is bodily e.g when a man has a broken bone or a major cut in his body, a woman in labour, tooth aches e.t.c. Yet there are pains that the surgical blade of doctors have not been able to fix or trace, but yet it hurts so bad that the patient can’t sleep. These kind of pains can lead to depression, high blood pressure, stroke, insanity, just to mention a few.
The pain may not be physical yet it hurts so bad. But for the purpose of today’s thought I chose to group every kind of pain that questions you, asking “where is God”?
No doubt I may be speaking to those who believe that they are immune to disappointments, pain, diseases because they have a relationship with God. Many have buried their heads in the Church, hearing every sermon yet it still hurts and they ask “is God still there”? Because the pain has gotten to its breaking point.
Lets see if we can find a case anywhere that suit very typical of pain, hurts in the Holy Writ.
I will introduce three beautiful friends. We find their piece in that beautiful book authored by Messiah’s dear friend and close allie “the one whom He loved” of course you know him “John the beloved” in his epistle and the eleventh chapter, he narrated the unfortunate loss and pain encountered by these trio; Mary, Martha, Lazarus. This brother and two sisters had the Messiah, Saviour who went about doing good as their close family friend.
“The Messiah” there is no doubt He is the son of God who possessed much power. In this family where Jesus always visited, He eat there, another seed was planted (of the devil). This seed of pain kept growing and the pain so grew till it took the life of the one Jesus love(Lazarus) and leaving Marry and Martha to live in the torments of pain and lose also.
Quickly lets go to the Bible and see how it all happened.
Was Jesus aware of their challenges?
What took Him so long to respond??
Why must He let Lazarus die???
Did He know of the condition????
Where is Jesus(God) when it hurts?????
From the scriptures in the book of John 11:1-40 we can establish the following;
1. Jesus loved Lazarus and He loves you too Vs.3.Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
2. He heard their prayer to come and help and He hears you too. Vs. 3 Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
3. He even knows more than you can ask of Him and the purpose for the condition or circumstance, that the son of God might be glorified thereby. Vs. 4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
4. He intends to come and will always come. Vs. 7 Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judaea again.
5. He can change the condition even in death. Vs. 11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
6. He leaves no doubt that the miracle was performed by God alone. The delay is for the glory of God. Vs. 15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.
7. The revelation of His person brings life.Vs. 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
8. Every hindrance is taken away at His Word. Vs. 39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
9.If you believe you would see the miracles and wonders. Vs. 40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
Hurts are part of our developmental process. Jesus learnt obedience by the things He suffered Heb 5:8. Pain and hurts are certainly not from God but God will allow only the amount needed to birth the inner you if you don’t jump the gun and see Him in all your pains.
You might have been raped, victimized or financial challenges are biting so hard or your family is falling apart and you wonder where God is?
I believe the little boy Joseph would have been pleased at the glory he constantly saw of himself in his dreams & vision. Holding on to the precious memories, kept looking up for the manifestations of the promises of God. But little Joseph had not realise that he will go through some pains & hurts, travailing to bring his dream/vision to fusion as the devil also tries to distort his future. Is God still there? Yes He is but He will not interfere with the process that will birth the prime minister of Egypt out of Joseph. It doesn’t natter what you are going through. God is there to turn what was intended by the devil to be a stumbling block into a stepping stone. Amen